|Position Title||LOCATION||APP DUE BY|
|Vice President for Development||The Plains, VA, or Washington, D.C.||June 18, 2017|
Title: Vice President for Development
Location: The Plains, VA, or Washington, D.C.
This is a full-time position with American Bird Conservancy (ABC) in The Plains, Virginia. The Vice President for Development is a critical member of the senior leadership team of ABC and is a key position that will help take ABC to the next level. The VP of Development is responsible for a broad array of development duties including: leading and coordinating staff and board efforts to ensure that annual and long-term operating and program budgets are met or exceeded; producing development plans and budgets; writing and editing high-quality proposals and budgets; identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major donors; working with other staff on ABC program, project and institution development; and managing tracking systems, representing the development division, and supervising development staff. The Vice President for Development works across all fundraising platforms including digital and social media. This position is supervised by the President and supervises the development and membership staff. The Development Director represents the development division in board, division head, and organizational planning meetings.
This position requires knowledge of all ABC programs and structures. There is a great deal of contact, in person, and by telephone and correspondence, with the ABC Board of Directors, staff, members, potential and existing donors, and the public. Work requires initiative, excellent selling and writing skills, ability to multi-task, work in a team, supervise and motivate staff, and attention to detail. The ability to speak and read Spanish and Portuguese would be helpful.
1. Provide vision, leadership, and oversight to ABC's Development Division to ensure the goals of the division are met or exceeded, and Development capacity is matched to ABC's organizational and conservation financial needs at all times. Ensure that the Development division meets or exceeds its Gold Standards, particularly for donor tracking, updates, reports, and donor satisfaction.
2. Develop and implement annual and long-range development plans and budgets in coordination with the President.
3. Identify, cultivate, and bring in potential and existing major donor fundraising prospects.
4. Provide development training and support to ABC partners as needed.
5. Lead in developing new forms of fundraising such as internet campaigns.
6. Lead efforts in ABC's general membership program and the revenue generated.
7. Assist with implementing ABC's Planned Giving Program.
8. Participate in developing ABC program, project, and institutional development as requested by the President.
9. Work with the Communication team to ensure consistent, effective messaging and products that reflect and enhance the ABC brand.
10. Develop network of volunteer fundraisers for ABC in centers of wealth.
11. Other duties as assigned by the President.
1. A bachelor's degree and at least seven years work experience in development or other appropriate combination of education and experience. A passion for conservation is preferred.
2. Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage staff.
3. Demonstrated ability to raise funds and ability to implement online fundraising efforts.
4. Ability to work independently, efficiently, accurately, and keep deadlines.
5. Exceptional communication skills, in person and in writing.
6. Demonstrated ability to strategically plan annual and long-term programmatic goals.
7. Willingness to travel.
|Development Officer||The Plains, VA, or Washington, D.C.||June 15, 2017|
Title: Development Officer
Supervisor: Vice President of Development
Location: The Plains, VA, or Washington, D.C.
This is a full-time position with American Bird Conservancy (ABC) in either Washington, DC or The Plains, Virginia.
American Bird Conservancy is a fast-growing, results-focused wildlife non-profit seeking employees with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to make a difference for birds throughout the Americas.
The ABC Development Officer serves as a lead fundraiser for ABC programs. In addition, Development Officers at ABC are integral members of conservation teams, and provide input into conservation project planning and implementation. In its twenty years of operation, ABC has partnered with hundreds of organizations to plant more than five million trees to restore habitat for birds, create 70 international bird reserves in fifteen countries, and protect threatened bird species across the entire U.S. landscape by taking on the most dangerous threats to birds.
1. Lead and coordinate fundraising efforts to meet or exceed annual and long-term fundraising goals.
Please send cover letter and resumes as ONE document to Merrie Morrison at HR@abcbirds.org. Please put “Development Officer Application” in the subject line.